JBM Auto launched India’s first completely designed and manufactured 100% electric luxury coach – JBM Galaxy at the Auto Expo- The Motor Show 2023.
The luxury coach was unveiled by S.K. Arya, Chairman and Nishant Arya, Vice Chairman, JBM Group. JBM Auto is the flagship company of the $2.2 billion global Indian conglomerate JBM Group.
This launch of JBM’s luxury coach marks a historic shift for the coach industry so far dominated by foreign players and conforms to the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative. The company has also showcased three new products in its electric bus series that cater to diverse platforms like city, staff and school segments. These new launches will further bolster JBM Group’s vision of making India the EV capital of the world.
With over 1000 JBM electric buses plying in over 12 states pan India, the company has clocked 50+ million e-kms having served over 100 million passengers till date.
JBM Galaxy coaches have been designed keeping in mind luxury, including convenience and style, comfort, safety and performance. The 12-metre, high-floor coaches are equipped with the latest infotainment systems, modern utilities like wifi, mobile charging ports, comfortable reclining seats, saloon lighting and best in class safety features. With a seating capacity of 45 passengers, the new coaches are powered by high energy density advanced chemistry lithium-ion batteries offering a range of upto1000 kms per day.
JBM electric buses, a growing number of which are currently deployed across various states such as Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar, Goa, Telangana, etc. under the FAME scheme amongst other customers. While these buses are world class examples of product innovation, JBM electric buses are all geared to perform using carbon footprint-reducing green technology. The company has pledged that its fleet of electric buses will clock 1 billion e-kms in the next three years.
Designed to Outperform
• Zero tailpipe emission
• Best-in-class per km power consumption for higher savings
• Modular battery packs to suit different routes
• CCS2 DC fast charging for better operational efficiency
• High Voltage Lithium NMC Battery with thermal management system
• Permanent magnet synchronous motor with high torque and power
• BMS & VCU logic to enhance vehicle health, safety and performance
• Regenerative braking system for enhanced km range
Safety Is Non-negotiable
• Side-impact and rollover safety testing for the highest safety standards
• EBS and ABS coupled disc brakes for excellent road control and stability
• High temperature cut-off for battery and FDSS
• Panic buttons, emergency exit door & roof hatch for uncompromised safety
• Larger glass panels ensuring no-blind zones for safer driving
• Surveillance cameras & VTS for supervising and managing buses
Unveiling the buses, Nishant Arya, Vice Chairman, JBM Group said, “This is a momentous occasion for us as we enter the long-range electric luxury coaches segment. This launch completes our product offering in the commercial passenger segment that will contribute to sustainable and efficient public transport across the country.
“The new range of electric buses will address the growing market requirements, especially of fleet owners, who are looking for sustainable, safe, reliable and profitable operations. We believe that this segment will continue to grow exponentially over the next few years. JBM Group is the only player in the Indian market to offer an entire EV ecosystem and is committed to investing in green mobility solutions and best in class technology. We shall also be investing in upgrading our current plants and setting up new plants to cater to growing demand from our customers.”