Mercedes-Benz India has launched the new GLE LWB SUV and the AMG C 43 4MATIC sedan. The new luxury SUV will be offered in three powertrains – GLE 300d 4MATIC, GLE 450d 4MATIC, and GLE 450 4MATIC.
The GLE 300D 4MATIC is priced at Rs 96,40,000, the GLE 450 4MATIC at Rs 1,10,00,000, and the GLE 450D 4MATIC at Rs 1,15,00,000. The AMG C 43 prices start from Rs 98,00,000 (all prices are all-India ex-showroom)
The key product highlights of the GLE are AMG styling in GLE 450 d and GLE 450, latest generation MBUX (NTG7), modern four- and six-cylinder engine with ISG technology, Burmester surround sound with 13 speakers with output of 590 watts.
The GLE 450 d gets an engine upgrade from the previous GLE 400 d. This upgrade gives additional power of 27 kW which takes the total output to 270 kW. The torque is also upped to 750 Nm from the previous 700 Nm.
The AMG C 43 4MATIC sets new standards for innovative drive solutions as it directly derives its technology from Formula 1; features the AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, the world's first series-production unit to feature an electric exhaust gas turbocharger
AMG Performance 4MATIC with AMG-specific power distribution of 31% to the front axle and 69% to the rear axle for enhanced driving dynamics and improved traction when accelerating. The key product highlights of AMG C 43 4MATIC include distinctive sporty exterior design with AMG Styling, AMG Speedshift MCT 9G transmission with wet start-off clutch, Rear axle steering, 3-stage AMG parameter steering, AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension with Adaptive Damping System, DIGITAL LIGHT, Burmester® 3D surround sound with 15 high-performance speakers delivering system output of 710 watts, 7 metallic paint options and 3 Manufaktur paint options
The service package for new GLE starts at Rs. 85,000 for 2 years, while the service package for AMG C 43 starts at Rs. 1.5 lakh for 3 years.
While the GLE 300 d 4MATIC and the GLE 450 4MATIC will be available immediately, the GLE 450 d deliveries will start later from January 2024.
The new AMG C 43 4MATIC features the AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, the world's first series-production unit to feature an electric exhaust gas turbocharger. This new form of turbocharging guarantees particularly spontaneous response across the entire rev range, offering an even more dynamic driving experience. The new turbocharging system and the 48-volt onboard electrical system not only contribute to the outstanding driving dynamics of the C 43 4MATIC but also improve the car’s efficiency.
GLE 300 d 4MATIC
GLE 450 d 4MATIC
GLE 450 4MATIC
Number of Cylinders
198  kW [hp]
270  kW [hp]
280  kW [hp]
Top Speed (kmph)
Top highlights of AMG C 43 4MATIC
• Engine technology derived directly from Formula 1: At the heart of the new Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC is the AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine. The internally named M139l engine (l for longitudinal installation) is the world's first series-production engine to be turbocharged with an electric exhaust gas turbocharger. The innovative system is a direct derivative of the technology that the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team has been using so successfully in the premier class of motorsport for many years.
• Powered by the 48-volt onboard electrical system, the electric exhaust gas turbocharger operates at speeds of up to 175,000 rpm, which enables a very high air flow rate. This significantly improves the response directly from idle speed and across the entire rev range. The combustion engine responds even more spontaneously to accelerator pedal input, while the entire driving feel is significantly more dynamic. In addition, the electrification of the turbocharger enables higher torque at low revs. This also increases agility and optimises acceleration from a standstill. The C 43 4MATIC accelerates from a standstill to 100 km/h in just 4.6 seconds.
• Innovative technology helps the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC to achieve a rated output of 300 kW (408 hp) at 6750 rpm. Depending on the situation, the system also briefly provides an additional boost of 10 kW (14 hp) through the belt-driven starter generator (RSG). The great efficiency potential of the innovative turbo technology is revealed by the combined consumption figures according to WLTP of 9.1-8.7 l/100 km.
• Three-stage AMG parameter steering and Standard rear-axle steering: The steering layout of the C 43 4MATIC contributes to the improvement in both dynamics and comfort. The three-stage AMG parameter steering system, for example, features a variable steering geometry ratio that adapts to the selected drive program. At high speeds, the steering power assistance decreases; at low speeds, it is steadily increased. In the "Sport" and "Sport+" suspension settings, the driver also experiences significantly more feedback about the driving condition via the steering wheel.
• The new Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC brings rear-axle steering to the best-selling model series from Affalterbach. It operates with a maximum steering angle of 2.5 degrees. The rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the front wheels at speeds of up to 60 km/h leading to a virtual shortening of the wheelbase, which in turn results in significantly more agile turn-in, less steering effort, and improved maneuverability. At speeds above 60 km/h on the other hand, the rear wheels turn in parallel to the front wheels. This virtual extension of the wheelbase has a positive effect on driving stability, leads to a faster build-up of lateral force when changing direction, and thus to a more direct reaction of the vehicle to steering commands. The response of the rear-axle steering depends on the selected AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive program.
• AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension with Adaptive Damping System: The AMG RIDE CONTROL steel-spring suspension with Adaptive Damping System, combines decidedly sporty driving dynamics with long-distance comfort. The basis for this is provided by the front axle, with specially developed steering knuckles and suspension joints on the spring control arm, and by the rear axle, which also features elastokinematics designed for driving dynamics.
Complementing this, the Adaptive Damping System continuously adapts the damping at each individual wheel to the current demand - always taking into account the preselected suspension level, the driving style, and the condition of the road surface. In addition to an improvement in ride quality and comfort, these lead, above all, to an increase in driving safety. There is a choice of three different damping maps ("Comfort", "Sport" and "Sport+").
300 kW [408 hp] @ 6750 rpm
500 Nm @ 5500 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 kmph
Belt-driven starter generator (RSG) Boost
10 kW [14 hp]
BorgWarner has clinched an agreement with a major North American OEM to supply its bi-directional 800V Onboard Charger (OBC) for the automaker’s premium passenger vehicle battery electric vehicle (BEV...
Uno Minda, a leading tier 1 supplier of proprietary automotive solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), has unveiled an innovative range of side stand sensors and switches that use advanc...
As the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) continues to grow, Honeywell has created innovative solutions to address safety concerns across the spectrum of EV manufacturing and use.