Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced the launch of its latest offering, the all new Toyota Rumion - a new compact seven-seater MPV. The vehicle is built on the lines of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. It may be recalled that Toyota and Suzuki have a strategic global alliance that allows it to share its platforms with each other. The company has yet to annonce the price of the vehicle.
Marking Toyota’s entry into the B-MPV segment, the all new Toyota Rumion is powered by the K series 1.5-litre petrol engine with Neo Drive (ISG) technology and E-CNG technology which promises to be responsive and bring joy to driving. The cutting-edge K-series engine is expected to offer an excellent fuel efficiency of 20.51 km/l for petrol variantand26.11 km/kg for CNG variant. The Toyota Rumion will be available in six variants of S MT/AT, G MT, and V MT/AT and S MTCNG offering a wide range of options for customers.
The vehicle was launched in the presence of Masakazu Yoshimura, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Tadashi Asazuma, Executive Vice President -Sales, Service & Used Car and Atul Sood, Vice President - Sales and Strategic Marketing, TKM.
The new compact MPV offers a choice between a 5-speed manual transmission and a smooth 6-speed automatic transmission, providing a seamless driving experience for both manual and automatic enthusiasts.
The all new Toyota Rumion comes with an advanced infotainment system featuring a 17.78 cm Smartplay Cast Touchscreen audio with Arkamys Surround Sense for an immersive audio experience. It supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (wireless) for seamless smartphone integration. The infotainment system includes Bluetooth connectivity, steering-mounted audio and calling controls, and USB connectivity.
Equipped with Toyota i-Connect, it offers remote control of climate, lock/unlock, hazard lights, and headlights and many more. It is compatible with smart watches and Hey Siri voice assistant. The Toyota i-Connect also provides safety and security features like auto collision notification, tow alert, find my car, valet profile, vehicle health and malfunction indicator monitoring.
The All New Toyota Rumion boasts of a stylish and premium exterior designed for a tough appearance with robust characteristics alike Toyota MPV signature front grille, front bumper with chrome finish, LED tail lamps with back door chrome garnish and machined two tone alloy wheels that exude style and sophistication. The luxurious interior offers premium dual-tone with wooden finish dashboard and door trims, premium dual-tone interiors, and a range of convenient amenities. It offers comfortable seating with height-adjustable driver seat, split-fold second and third-row seats, plush dual-tone seat fabric along with flexible luggage space with flat fold functionality.
The Toyota Rumion has a range of advanced safety features. The Heartect Platform provides a strong and rigid structure, ensuring maximum protection for occupants. Dual front and Front seatside airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Engine immobilizer, ESP, Hill Hold assist, and ISO Fix Child seat anchorages further enhance the safety quotient of the all new Toyota Rumion. This new introduction from Toyota, also features front seat belts with pretensioners and force limiters, seat belt reminder for all seats, and a high-speed alert system, guaranteeing peace of mind for the entire family.
The Toyota Rumion comes with a standard warranty of 3 years/1,00,000 km, which can be extended to 5years/2,20,000 km.
OVERALL FEATURES OF ALL NEW TOYOTA RUMION:
• Powered by a powerful 1.5L-K series petrol engine.
• Power output of 75.8 kw @6000 rpm and Torque of 136.8 Nm @4400 rpm for Petrol grade.
• Power output of 64.6 kw @5500 rpm and Torque of 121.5 Nm@4200 rpm for CNG grade.
• Choice between a 5-speed manual transmission and a smooth 6-speed automatic transmission.
• Neo Drive technology and E-CNG technology for enhanced fuel efficiency.
• Excellent fuel efficiency of 20.51 km/l for petrol variant and 26.11 km/kg for its CNG variant.
• Available in both Petrol (NeoDrive) and CNG fuel options.
Safety & Security:
• Heartect Platform, Dual front and Front seat side airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Engine immobilizer, ESP and Hill Hold
• Front seat belts with pretensioners and force limiters.
• Seat belt reminder for all seats.
• High-speed alert system.
Stylish Exterior Design:
• Toyota MPV signature front grille.
• Front bumper with chrome finish.
• LED tail lamps with back door chrome garnish.
• Stylish Two-tone machined alloy wheels.
Interior Comfort and Luxury:
• Premium dual-tone Interiors.
• Front Auto AC.
• Second Row roof mounted AC.
• Flexible Seating options with ample room for luggage.
• Steering Mounted Controls: Audio and calling controls for a safer drive.
• 17.78 cm Smart play cast touch screen audio with wireless android auto and apple car play.
• Toyota I-connect with 55 plus features.
Remote Check & Control: Climate control, lock/unlock, hazard lights, and headlight.
Smartwatch & Hey Siri Compatibility.
Vehicle Safety & Security: Auto collision notification, tow alert, find my car, and valet profile for peace of mind.
Service Connect: Monitor vehicle health and receive malfunction indicator alerts.
• 6 speed AT with paddle shifters.
• Cruise control for added convenience.
BorgWarner has clinched an agreement with a major North American OEM to supply its bi-directional 800V Onboard Charger (OBC) for the automaker’s premium passenger vehicle battery electric vehicle (BEV...
Uno Minda, a leading tier 1 supplier of proprietary automotive solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), has unveiled an innovative range of side stand sensors and switches that use advanc...
As the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) continues to grow, Honeywell has created innovative solutions to address safety concerns across the spectrum of EV manufacturing and use.