Mercedes-Benz India has launched the latest generation of
the GLS –popularly referred to as the S-Class of SUVs. The new Mercedes-Benz
GLS is the largest and most luxurious SUV from Mercedes-Benz and offers the
customer more space, more comfort, more tech, and more luxury.
The new GLS has a considerably longer wheelbase over its
predecessor (3135 mm, an increase of 60 mm), offering more space (87 mm),
especially in the second seat row, which can furthermore be adjusted fore and
The Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC comes with a
six-cylinder in-line petrol engine electrified with 48-volt technology and
integrated starter-generator (ISG). Its performance data: 367 hp and 500 Nm of
torque, with a further 250 Nm of torque and 22 hp available. The integrated
starter-generator (ISG) is responsible for hybrid functions such as EQ Boost or
energy recuperation while allowing fuel savings that were previously reserved
for high-voltage hybrid technology.
The new GLS achieves cd figures as low as 0.32 - a clear
improvement compared with its predecessor (cd 0.35) and an impressively low
figure in the large luxury SUV segment. The excellent aerodynamics help to
firstly reduce fuel consumption and secondly limit wind noise, one of the areas
on which development work focused specifically.
The new range of engines: powerful efficiency
GLS 400 d
BS VI In-Line/6
270/367 (+ 16 kW/22 hp)
Combustion engine (Nm)
500 (+ 250 Nm)
• Active Park Assist with 360 degree surround view camera
• Driver Assistant System: Blind Spot-Assist & Active
• 9 Airbags
• Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR)
• Off-road ABS
• Car Wash Function
• Expression Interior Package with 64 color ambient
• High-gloss anthracite lime wood trim
• All new Multifunction sports steering wheel in Nappa
• Memory Package Front with Seat Kinetics
• THERMOTRONIC 5-zone automatic climate control
• Rear Comfort Package Plus with extended center console
and luxury head restraints
• Electric sun blinds in the rear doors
• Front passenger seat operation from the rear
• Electrically adjustable second seat row
• Electrically folding seat backrests in second and third
seat row with one-touch operation
• Easy Entry System for third seat row
• AIRMATIC Level control for unloading heavy luggage
• EASY-PACK tailgate and luggage cover
Telematics and Infotainment:
• Burmester surround sound system
• 31.2 cm (12.3”) x 2 Widescreen Cockpit with touch
• MBUX multimedia system (NTG6) with "Hey
Mercedes" and HDD Navigation (3D)
• MBUX Interior Assistant – Contactless Gesture Control
• Pre-Installation of Rear Seat Entertainment System
• Wireless Charging (Front and Rear)
• MBUX rear tablet (retractable)
• Additional USB ports in the rear
• Mercedes me connect
Connected Car technology with the New GLS:
Mercedes-Benz India is announcing a new face of its
connected car technology with the launch of new GLS. Mercedes Me Connect App
gets an all-new user interface and a new Mercedes me Service App that offers
seamless Online Appointment Booking. The new interface is sharper and easier to
consume and the new map interface comes with colored 3D map layouts. It also
has Biometric ID access for unlocking the car. The new Mercedes me App with
intuitive User Interface is being rolled-out for all Mercedes me connect owners
starting July 1, 2020. The consumers only need to upgrade their existing Mmc
apps once they receive a notification on their current app.
New Mercedes me Connect features: benefits all existing
• All GLS customers and existing Mercedes customers will
receive new and exciting Mmc features OTA
• Geofencing: Set a perimeter for the car’s movement and
• Opening and closing of car windows remotely from
• Vehicle Finder:
Enables the car’s horn and flashes the lights.
Celebrating its 120th Anniversary, Royal Enfield announced the launch of a new range of limited edition helmets earlier this week. The limited range will consist of hand painted helmets designed by ar...
Sony India has introduced the new XAV-AX8100 in-car media receiver, offering new utility features, powerful sound and smart features.
ExxonMobil Lubricants Pvt Ltd launched its upgraded Mobil Super Moto range of engine oils to make it easier for people to maintain their two-wheelers in top condition. The launch comes at a time when...
In an exclusive interview, Uday Narang, Chairman, Anglian Omega Group & Omega Seiki Mobility
talks about his company plans to enter the two and four wheeler electric vehicle space.
Motown India speaks to Woosuk Leem, Managing Director, AS Parts Division, Mobis India to get more details about the Hyundai Mobility Membership App and its advantages.
Vishal Mathur, Senior Vice President, LMD Truck Business – VECV elaborates upon VECV’s Light & Medium Duty (LMD) business in India, the company’s product offering and the several advantages offered by...