Hero MotoCorp has launched the new Xtreme 160R 4V. Unveiled at Hero MotoCorp’s state-of-the-art R&D facility, the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur, the Xtreme 160R 4V will be available in three variants of Standard, Connected 2.0, and Pro variant with Upside Down fork at price points of Rs 127,300/- (Standard), Rs 132,800/- (Connected 2.0) and Rs 136,500 (Pro) respectively. (All prices Ex-Showroom, Delhi)
The Xtreme 160R 4V comes with a 163cc4 Valve Air-Oil cooled BS-VI (OBD-II+E20) compliant engine that generates maximum power output of 16.9 Ps@ 8500 RPM and a peak torque of 14.6Nm@ 6500 rpm. The motorcycle boasts of class leading acceleration reaching 0-60 km/h in just 4.41 seconds.Taking the Dragster positioning further ahead, the Xtreme 160R 4V ensures best-in-class timings in drag race (quarter-mile), 0-100 Km/h and 0 to Top speed, making it the fastest* 160cc motorcycle in its segment.
With a best-in-class37mm dia inverted Front Fork Suspension by KYB (in the Pro Variant)and a 7-step Pre-Load adjustable rear suspension, it offers a distinct balance of comfort and control. Engineered to enhance agility and maneuverability with revised geometry, the motorcycle offers sharp handling which makes it feel extremely planted on the roads and for cornering at higher speeds. The motorcycle also boasts the lowest-in-class kerb weight of 144kg (Base & Connected 2.0 Variant) and 145Kg (Pro Variant) and powerful petal disc brakes.
The Xtreme 160R 4V showcases an impressively muscular form that radiates unparalleled road dominance and sporty attitude. The aerodynamic and muscular design language t is reflected in the all new sporty & chiseled fuel tank, under cowl and the rear grip.
The robotic Headlamp which is lowered and complimented by the new fairing winglets, add to the mean stance of the motorcycle. The interchangeable seats with a single and split options enhances the riding comfort and convenience of the users.
The well-balanced ergonomics of Xtreme 160R 4V offer more comfort, support and freedom of movement. The interplay of the increased legroom for rider and pillion, the lowered handlebar with comfortable pillion split seat option and ample split rear grips provides even better comfort and safe feeling for both the rider and the pillion.
With its tech-enabled features, the Xtreme 160R 4V rates high on convenience factors and guarantees a comfortable ride even during extended distances. The all-LED package gives the Xtreme 160R 4V its unmistakable sporty-aggressive look. This LED applies to position lamp, Low Beam, High Beam, Tail lamp, Signature Tail Lamp and winkers.
With the inverted speedometer, riders have everything in sight and under control. It comes with over 20 features on display, such as Bluetooth Status, Battery Health Status, Service Alert, Gear Position, ABS/Engine Malfunction, Call/SMS/ Missed Call alerts etc.
Hero Connect 2.0
Elevating the riding experience to new heights, the Xtreme 160R 4V comes with the Hero Connect 2.0 feature that enriches the riders’ journey by delivering 25+ crucial notifications about vehicle’s health and safety through the motorcycle’s display and mobile app.
• Security – Remote Immobilization allows users to remotely mobilize / immobilize the vehicle for enhanced security of the bike. In addition, the Geo Fence feature sends an alert whenever the vehicle arrives or leaves the pre-defined geographical areas. Additionally, users can also receive theft alerts & battery removal notification on the App.
• Safety – SOS alert triggered by the ridersends a notification to the emergency contacts defined by the user in the App. Other safety alerts are low fuel, over-speeding, topple, etc.
• Navigation –Includes in-app navigation services, real-time vehicle tracking and option to Share Location.
• Driving Report – Keeps a log of riding behaviour through parameters such as over-speeding, harsh acceleration, braking, and vehicle idling.
• Bluetooth Enabled features such as Call, SMS Alerts & Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Find my vehicle, etc.
The Hero Xtreme 160R 4V comes in attractive color schemes for the below variants–
• Standard (Single Ch ABS with Front & Rear Disc): Blazing Sports Red, Matt Slate Black
• Connected 2.0 (Single Ch ABS With Front & Rear Disc): Matt Slate Black
• Pro (Single Ch ABS With Front & Rear Disc, USD Forks, Split Seat):Neon Shooting Star and Matt Slate Black.
BorgWarner has clinched an agreement with a major North American OEM to supply its bi-directional 800V Onboard Charger (OBC) for the automaker’s premium passenger vehicle battery electric vehicle (BEV...
Uno Minda, a leading tier 1 supplier of proprietary automotive solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), has unveiled an innovative range of side stand sensors and switches that use advanc...
As the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) continues to grow, Honeywell has created innovative solutions to address safety concerns across the spectrum of EV manufacturing and use.