NEW DELHI: India’s leading car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) held its 29th Annual General Meeting here today. At the meeting O Suzuki, Chairman and CEO, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan, (majority stakeholder in MSIL), made wide ranging announcements.
Outline on current production capacity:
•Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Gurgaon is: 850,000 units
• Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Manesar is: 350,000 units
• Total capacity : 12,00,000 units (1.2 million units)
• To keep pace with growth (which has been as high as 27% in this fiscal), Maruti Suzuki needs more capacity
Capacity announcements (subject to Board approval)
• Maruti Suzuki will establish “Plant C” at Manesar.
* Plant C will be constructed concurrently with the Plant B at Manesar.
* Plant C to have an installed capacity of 250,000 units per annum.
* Plant C is likely to be ready by end of fiscal 2012 / early 2013
• Plant B (announced earlier in Feb2010) at Manesar, will be ready by Jan 2012 and will bring an additional capacity of 250,000 units per annum
• Total Capacity:
* Present facilities : 12,00,000 units per annum
* Plant B (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum by Jan 2012
* Plant C (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum likely in fiscal 2012-13
Total Capacity: 17,50,000 units per annum by end of fiscal 2012-13 (including productivity enhancements)
Investment update (subject to Board approval)
• The investment to construct Plant C at Manesar is estimated at 35 Billion Japanese Yen (approx Rs. 1,925 crores @ Yen 1= 0.55 Rs). This investment will be funded by internal accruals of Maruti Suzuki.
Medium term investment: Rs 6,000 Crores (or $ 1.3 billion) during the period 2010-2013.
a. Rs 1700 Cr (Manesar plant B) announced earlier in March 2010
b. Rs 2500 Cr (Engine plant & R&D) announced earlier in March 2010
c. Rs 1925 Cr (Manesar plant C) announced at AGM-2010 (7 Sept 2010)
Other projects to be undertaken in Medium term:
• Commence construction of test course at R&D Centre at Rohtak
• We would also look at constructing Regional Offices at 16 locations.
• SMC and MSIL will have an integrated approach towards these developments.
• The timelines for all these projects will be evolved post board approval.
BorgWarner has clinched an agreement with a major North American OEM to supply its bi-directional 800V Onboard Charger (OBC) for the automaker’s premium passenger vehicle battery electric vehicle (BEV...
Uno Minda, a leading tier 1 supplier of proprietary automotive solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), has unveiled an innovative range of side stand sensors and switches that use advanc...
As the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) continues to grow, Honeywell has created innovative solutions to address safety concerns across the spectrum of EV manufacturing and use.