NEW DELHI: India’s leading car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) held its 29th Annual General Meeting here today. At the meeting O Suzuki, Chairman and CEO, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan, (majority stakeholder in MSIL), made wide ranging announcements.
Outline on current production capacity:
•Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Gurgaon is: 850,000 units
• Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Manesar is: 350,000 units
• Total capacity : 12,00,000 units (1.2 million units)
• To keep pace with growth (which has been as high as 27% in this fiscal), Maruti Suzuki needs more capacity
Capacity announcements (subject to Board approval)
• Maruti Suzuki will establish “Plant C” at Manesar.
* Plant C will be constructed concurrently with the Plant B at Manesar.
* Plant C to have an installed capacity of 250,000 units per annum.
* Plant C is likely to be ready by end of fiscal 2012 / early 2013
• Plant B (announced earlier in Feb2010) at Manesar, will be ready by Jan 2012 and will bring an additional capacity of 250,000 units per annum
• Total Capacity:
* Present facilities : 12,00,000 units per annum
* Plant B (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum by Jan 2012
* Plant C (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum likely in fiscal 2012-13
Total Capacity: 17,50,000 units per annum by end of fiscal 2012-13 (including productivity enhancements)
Investment update (subject to Board approval)
• The investment to construct Plant C at Manesar is estimated at 35 Billion Japanese Yen (approx Rs. 1,925 crores @ Yen 1= 0.55 Rs). This investment will be funded by internal accruals of Maruti Suzuki.
Medium term investment: Rs 6,000 Crores (or $ 1.3 billion) during the period 2010-2013.
a. Rs 1700 Cr (Manesar plant B) announced earlier in March 2010
b. Rs 2500 Cr (Engine plant & R&D) announced earlier in March 2010
c. Rs 1925 Cr (Manesar plant C) announced at AGM-2010 (7 Sept 2010)
Other projects to be undertaken in Medium term:
• Commence construction of test course at R&D Centre at Rohtak
• We would also look at constructing Regional Offices at 16 locations.
• SMC and MSIL will have an integrated approach towards these developments.
• The timelines for all these projects will be evolved post board approval.
Finally it's that time of the year when we look forward to enjoying the holidays at our favourite destinations and what better way to travel, than on your favourite motorcycle, the all-new Classic 350...
Celebrating its 120th Anniversary, Royal Enfield announced the launch of a new range of limited edition helmets earlier this week. The limited range will consist of hand painted helmets designed by ar...
Sony India has introduced the new XAV-AX8100 in-car media receiver, offering new utility features, powerful sound and smart features.