NEW DELHI: India’s leading car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) held its 29th Annual General Meeting here today. At the meeting O Suzuki, Chairman and CEO, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan, (majority stakeholder in MSIL), made wide ranging announcements.
Outline on current production capacity:
•Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Gurgaon is: 850,000 units
• Annual Capacity at Maruti Suzuki Manesar is: 350,000 units
• Total capacity : 12,00,000 units (1.2 million units)
• To keep pace with growth (which has been as high as 27% in this fiscal), Maruti Suzuki needs more capacity
Capacity announcements (subject to Board approval)
• Maruti Suzuki will establish “Plant C” at Manesar.
* Plant C will be constructed concurrently with the Plant B at Manesar.
* Plant C to have an installed capacity of 250,000 units per annum.
* Plant C is likely to be ready by end of fiscal 2012 / early 2013
• Plant B (announced earlier in Feb2010) at Manesar, will be ready by Jan 2012 and will bring an additional capacity of 250,000 units per annum
• Total Capacity:
* Present facilities : 12,00,000 units per annum
* Plant B (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum by Jan 2012
* Plant C (Manesar) : 2,50,000 units per annum likely in fiscal 2012-13
Total Capacity: 17,50,000 units per annum by end of fiscal 2012-13 (including productivity enhancements)
Investment update (subject to Board approval)
• The investment to construct Plant C at Manesar is estimated at 35 Billion Japanese Yen (approx Rs. 1,925 crores @ Yen 1= 0.55 Rs). This investment will be funded by internal accruals of Maruti Suzuki.
Medium term investment: Rs 6,000 Crores (or $ 1.3 billion) during the period 2010-2013.
a. Rs 1700 Cr (Manesar plant B) announced earlier in March 2010
b. Rs 2500 Cr (Engine plant & R&D) announced earlier in March 2010
c. Rs 1925 Cr (Manesar plant C) announced at AGM-2010 (7 Sept 2010)
Other projects to be undertaken in Medium term:
• Commence construction of test course at R&D Centre at Rohtak
• We would also look at constructing Regional Offices at 16 locations.
• SMC and MSIL will have an integrated approach towards these developments.
• The timelines for all these projects will be evolved post board approval.
Continental is promoting the development and use of open source software. The technology company has adopted a manifesto that emphasises its commitment to collaborative work with Free and Open Source ...
Nearly 50 DHL Express vans will begin running on the Michelin UPTIS airless tyre to make last-mile deliveries in Singapore by the end of 2023. The pilot programme begins with the first vehicles making...
Bentley Motors has introduced 3D printed solid gold in the exclusive Mulliner Batur – the first time such a ground-breaking process is believed to have been used in the automotive industry. The ‘addit...